Driver Record Services - Check Motor Vehicle Records
Why Access Comprehensive DMV Driving Records?
Motor vehicle records (MVRs) are an excellent way to evaluate job applicants and review the status of current employees by identifying those with unsafe driving records. This type of employee screening is critical for all employees who will drive vehicles or operate equipment as part of their job duties, because it can lower the company’s liability risks.
MVR reports can also provide information that might be missed in a traditional background check. Employee driving record check's can show vital information, for example, in some states, convictions for driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are documented in the motor vehicle report, not the criminal court record. In these states, a criminal record check alone will not provide complete or accurate information about the driver.
Annual MVR records are also required on all employees of companies regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT).
What Are the Benefits of Using Motor Vehicle Records?
actions of your employees that occur while they perform assigned job duties. Workplace accidents can cost your company thousands to millions of dollars in:
- Increased insurance rates
- Litigation and settlements
- Worker's compensation costs
- Lost work hours
- Damage repair/lost inventory
For these reasons, you need to know that the people you hire will be responsible when operating vehicles and equipment — an MVR employee driving record check is the best way to accomplish this. In addition, driver record checks can help you:
- Obtain complete and accurate information on potential employees.
- Gain insight into candidate/employee character by identifying drug and excessive alcohol usage issues.
- Reduce liability and risk for company drivers.
- Manage DOT compliance.
What Information Will You Receive?
Every state has a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) or Secretary of State office that issues driver’s licenses to state residents. The DMV manages the records of each driver including the type and status of the license, and a compilation of all traffic infractions the driver has incurred. An MVR check accesses these records and provides important information about the driver, which may include the following:
- Full (legal) name
- Current address
- Date of birth
- Date of issue
- Date of expiration
- Class (operator, CDL, etc.)
- Status (valid, suspended, expired, etc.)
- Restrictions (no night driving, only with visual aids, etc.)
- Endorsements (double/triple trailers, tank vehicle, etc.)
- Points (when applicable)
- Revocations, suspensions and insurance cancellations
Why Global Verification Network?
At Global Verification Network, we have the expertise and skills to acquire the comprehensive reports you need to accurately interpret the information, which saves you both time and money. We have access to the DMVs in all 50 states plus the District of Columbia, so it doesn’t matter if your job candidate lived in the next city or across the country. Global Verification Network guarantees that its motor vehicle driving record background checks are in compliance with the Drivers Privacy Protection Act (DPPA), the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMSCA) and DOT regulations.
In addition, our driver record services include:
- Fast response times
- Capacity to process multiple record-check requests
- Experienced customer service
- Report interpretation
- You will receive complete and actionable information that can be used to make compliant hiring decisions and manage corporate liability responsibly.
Please give us a call at 855-960-5318 or fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you right away.