Background Checks & Screening Services For The Retail Industry
Problems facing the retail industry include high turnover and employee theft. A well-designed background screening solution helps you identify and eliminate poor job applicants — quickly and accurately.
Global Verification Network helps you protect your bottom line through fast, cost-effective pre-employment background screening. We help you mitigate risk, reduce theft, and ensure customer and staff safety in your stores.
Retail Employee Screening Services
All candidates for retail positions should undergo a thorough background check that includes these screens:
- Social Security address/alias trace
- National theft database check
- National background check
- Emmployment history verification
- Criminal history searches
- Drug testing
- Credit reports
Retail Pre-Employment Screening Tailored to Your Business Needs
There are many types of retail businesses today, and each one may require specific skills, education, personality traits and previous experience to perform well. Performing a focused retail pre-employment screening can help retail shop hiring leaders learn early in the process how well their top candidates are likely to function.
Following are just a few of the many types of retail businesses for which a retail background check can be invaluable:
- Department stores
- Independent or small shops
- Convenience stores
- Shopping malls
- Retail outlets
- Warehouse stores
- Dollar stores
- E-tailers for online brands such as Amazon and eBay
- Specialty stores
Each type of store has unique hiring needs and challenges. Some retail environments require that employees work independently, such as convenience stores, meaning that you must establish trust as early as possible in the hiring process. Other retail environments and jobs may require more education or creativity.
With a high-quality employee background screening, you can rest-assured we have covered all the bases, so you have a clear picture of your top candidates for each job opening
What Are the Benefits of Performing a Retail Background Check?
At the most basic level, a retail background check helps retailers provide the safest possible environment for shoppers and employees.
Busy retailers wading through thousands of applications and resumes is challenging enough, particularly during busy periods like the holiday season. Taking the time to personally perform a detailed background check could stall progress on multiple fronts. Global Verification Network can take the burden off your hiring team's overbooked calendar and deliver results when you need them.
Here are a few additional benefits of partnering with a background check service provider:
- Streamlined hiring process — thanks to high-quality, proof-based information about candidates
- Reduced risk of high turnover rates, which is standard in the retail industry
- Improved security and safety for shoppers and fellow employees
- Enhanced ability to provide exemplary service with educated and experienced candidates
- Minimized risk for matters such as theft, absenteeism, and lack of proper education and qualifications
Why Choose Global Verification Network?
When you choose Global Verification Network as your partner in the retail pre-employment screening process, you reduce the chances of making a costly hiring mistake that can negatively impact your team morale, endanger your customers, harm your business reputation, and cost you money due to product shrinkage or cash theft. Worst-case hiring scenarios can expose your retail business to negligent hiring litigation.
By engaging in thorough and professional candidate screening, you gain numerous advantages:
- Verification of candidate credentials and biographical information
- Enhanced safety and security for your employees, customers and vendors
- Reduced employee turnover assists in keeping hiring costs low
- Allows employers to extend employment offers to exceptional candidates quickly
As one of the nation’s leading background screening providers serving the retail industry, Global Verification Network enhances your ability to hire with confidence.